The use of print and digital media to create visual representations for newspapers, magazine, advertising and other purposes, all fall under the umbrella of Graphic Design. It is field with trains and prepares students for a lot of career paths.
To be able to succeed in this field, it is necessary that you pursue it from a reputed institute, cause the ability to draw and your level of creativity is just the start in the journey. Whereas the right institute will help you understand about the latest technologies, layouts, design among various other skills. Though there are quite a few institutes in Mumbai offering a Graphic Design course , you need to ensure you opt for the one that’ll help you build your career seamlessly.
To find the right institute, it is essential to look at how the programs offered by them differ. The best institutes will focus on technology and fine art skills, as they understand how crucial it is to learn both the skills to be successful in the field.
Here is a step by step guideline, that’ll help you find the correct institute in Mumbai for Graphic Design.
1. Start from the basic: When you’re considering your various options, go through the mission and vision of each institute, that’ll help you understand what the institute believes in and stands for. Reading the stories of alumni will also help you understand this.
2. Go through the curriculum: To ensure that the institute is keeping up with the latest teachings, while not disrupting the core of the subject, you should read through the curriculum.
3. Look at the Faculty: Usually for design courses, students work very closely with the faculty as the classes are small. Being taught from someone who have a good work experience in the field, ensures that you receive criticism based on the ongoing trends and practices rather than the outdated ones.
4. Interaction with the students: Though you may not be able to find this information on the website of the institute, but when you visit the institute you should interact with a few students present there, as they’ll give you real insights on how the institute works.
5. Interact with recent alumni: By interacting with students who have just graduated, you will not only able to get an actual overview of their experience, but you’ll also get to understand how the institute supports the students in the time of placements and internship opportunities.