Fashion designing is a branch of humanities and art that deals with creating clothing and lifestyle accessories. It deals with a gamut of things related to fabrics, patterns, colours, trends that define the fashion of a particular era. Fashion designing course not only deals with the art of creating clothes and their designs but also deals with the design of accessories like handbags, footwear, etc. So, if you wish to make the world look better in appearance by creating new designs, fashion design could be a course for you. Fashion Designing as a course is widely gaining popularity amongst the youth, especially in urban areas and there are now many fashion designing degree colleges in Mumbai.
For your career, a fashion designing degree can open a wide spectrum of opportunities and career options. Some of such opportunities are:
- Universal Art – Fashion is a universal art and understood by millions all around the work. As a result, it can become possible for you to design fashion for people of any country. It opens opportunities for you not only in India but all over the world. Once you acquire the technique and art of designing a new fashion, you can work for creating trendy fashion anywhere around the globe.
- An immense sense of self-satisfaction – Once your work is accepted by the people, it gives an immense sense of satisfaction to see people wearing your art. If your products become popular, you have the opportunity to influence people and begin new fashion trends.
- Start Business – Fashion designing is a course that opens an opportunity for you to start your own business/boutique firm. Once your work starts getting popular, there are immense opportunities in terms of licensing your work to others and helping create new brands in the world of fashion
- Fun and Creative – Fashion is a means of personal expression that gives you opportunities to come up with innovative designs. If you have an eye for being creative, you can be limited only by your imagination. You can create numerous fun-filled innovative designs.
- Travelling – Fashion designing opens up opportunities to cater to clients residing in different parts of the country and also the world. This can help you travel to different parts of the world. So, if you love travelling, fashion designing could be a worthy course. You get to meet people of different countries, learn about their tastes and styles, thereby helping you create even better designs.
- Money -Fashion designing provides a satisfactory amount of money for an individual to reside in a large city. Depending on how well your designs are accepted by your clients, the scope for increasing your income is immense.
However, for pursuing a fashion designing course from Mumbai, you need to possess a creative and artistic persona with attention to detail, sensitivity to colours, shades, and tones. You need to be creative and innovative to come up with new designs and should be good at drawing, communicating.
There are various fashion designing colleges in Mumbai that provide you with the opportunity to learn the art of fashion from trained teachers. People are increasingly fashion-conscious and hence with each day, there is a rise in the demand for fashion professionals. Apart from the opportunity to work on your own or with leading designers, the courses open opportunities to job profiles such as Retail Buyer and Merchandiser, Stylist, Fashion marketer, Textile designer, Quality Controller, etc. In addition to these jobs, you can also organize trade shows, fashion shows, and be an influencer in the field of fashion.
However, make sure that you choose from amongst the best fashion designing institutes in Mumbai for better prospects.