Visual Communication is an art. It requires lots of understanding of various creative forms and techniques to get a hold of this exceptional form of communication. Visual Communication is not just limited to graphic design and pictures/images. There are many elements in it. The main idea of visual communication design is to captivate, inform, and attract its audience. Visual Communication can help to generate curiosity in the audience and hold their interest for longer. However, a visual communication strategy without goals and specific objectives are of no use. There should be some defined goals and objectives while strategizing visual communication.
Many visual communication designing institutes in Mumbai gives their students practical understanding and experience of how visual communication works and how it can be used to realize branding objectives in the real world. Enrolling with such an institute can aid students to get a deeper knowledge of visual communication and make them competent enough to create high-quality content.
Definition of Visual Communication
One of the most profound and direct definitions of Visual Communication is: ‘It is creating masterpieces based on facts, information, thorough research, and graphic elements. Visual Communication is all about weaving a compelling interest in your brand and attracting your audience’.
The accurate presentation of data and information plays a very important role in Visual communication design. It is rightly said in the communication world that ‘all visual communication designers are graphic designers but not all graphic designers are visual communication designers'” to be an impact visual communication designer one needs to be agile, have eye for detail and lure for perfection.
A degree or diploma from a leading visual communication designing college in Mumbai can be an added advantage but what requires most is creativity and distinct ideas. After all, Visual communication is all about how you depict your message with the help of alluring visual elements.
How visual communication affects consumers?
Today, consumers are uncovering a plethora of content and images on the World Wide Web. Their attention span and curiosity ratio is relatively low. Therefore, brands are finding it a little difficult to enforce their place in the market and hold the interest of their audience. “Content is the King” is the digital world and the organizations strive to live up to the expectation of its customers and communicate with them.
However, Visual Communication makes this task relatively easier for brands by providing them with an opportunity to connect the audience and communicate with them the essence of the brand. Visual Communication Designs can be used to define the tone of the communication and give prominence to visuals rather than copy. Visual communication emphasizes visual elements such as graphic elements, colour concept, visualization style, illustration, typographic, and much more. These elements are curated together to form a unified story/visual that connects the brand message to the masses.
Thus, Visual Communication designs are used as a powerful tool for marketing and media campaigns of brands.
Applications of Visual Communication:
- Infographics: Visual Communication design can be used to communicate lots of facts, data, and visuals in a light and cohesive manner. This works in both print and digital media wherein. Visual communication designing is used to convey clear data and messages to the audience.
- Financial Reports: Financial reports are very complex and difficult to comprehend. They are loaded with so many numbers and information that they look dull and unattractive. Visual Communication design can transform the dull appearing reports and charts into an appealing and simple report with the help of iconography.
- Motion Graphics: Visual Communication design can create motion graphics to deliver a message, highlight the USP of a brand/product, or explain a feature.
- Print materials: Visual Communication design can create several print materials in required formats.
- Augmented & Virtual Reality: Visual Communication can be used to utilize these cutting edge platforms by creating embodied attractive visual experiences