While almost all of you must have heard about digital media, do you know there exist a booming niche that’s called Digital Media Design? Yes, digital media design is one of the niches in the design world and is basically about selling your concept through visual communication. In simple words, digital media design is communication design that focuses on digital technology. It is an increasingly popular area of expertise that draws on aspects of arts, communications, business, and digital media.
The domain encompasses various subjects, including graphic design, photography, publishing, video, audio, animation, web design, and marketing. Upon completion, students develop skills in many curriculum areas, including visualization, presentation, writing, and technology. Thus, you can easily decipher why many avenues of careers open up after completing this course. Moreover, the jobs you can get are very attractive ones with handsome salaries that set you up for life.
So, in this article today, we, at Raffles Design International Mumbai, ranked among the best institutes of digital media design in Mumbai, will discuss some of the best job profiles you can grab upon learning digital media design and also shed light on their earning potential. Read on.
An Array of Jobs and Their Earning Potential
With consistent growth in popularity and demand, the kind of jobs and their payscale have only increased in the Digital Media Design industry. Some of the job profiles you can consider are as follows:
- Animator: An animator works in different fields of visual communication such as TV, Film, and Visual Marketing to bring images to life and create special effects or animations to create an impact through art. They work with 2D and 3D animation, modeling, storyboarding, photo imaging, and interactive 2D flash design to produce animations. They can also work in web and commercial advertising. The average salary of an animator ranges from INR 25,000 to INR 28,000 per month in India, depending on the skills and employer.
- Video Editor: A video editor organizes raw video footage and adds dialogue, music, and special effects after consulting with the screenwriter and director to create a visual representation that tells a compelling story. Before the video’s editing starts, the editor typically meets with the client to create an initial storyboard for the video to find out what message needs to be conveyed. Then, the editor gathers the media files into an editing software of their choice and completes his task. The average salary of a Video Editor ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 30,000 per month in India, depending on the skills and employer.
- Graphic Designer: A Graphic Designer usually helps with the branding for a company, meets clients to determine their requirements, and presents designs that have been created. They use graphic design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign to create websites, ads, posters, product labels, and logos. They also create new designs and update old ones as per the requirement of the clients. The average salary of a Graphic Designer ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 23,000 per month in India, depending on the skills and employer.
- Web Developer: A Web Developer designs and creates websites, apps, and other software. They’re responsible for writing code that can also analyze and debug glitches. They are also responsible for making and maintaining the company’s website. The average salary of a Web Designer ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 23,000 per month in India, depending on the skills and employer.
- Social Media Specialist: Social Media Specialists create and administer content on various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. They aim to build a following on these platforms by interacting with users. These professionals monitor metrics across such sites and respond to comments, ensuring customer engagement. The average salary of a Social Media Specialist ranges from INR 30,000 to INR 33,000 per month in India, depending on the skills and employer.
Digital Media Design is a Rewarding Industry with a Promising Future
By now, you must have understood that Digital Media Design is an umbrella term with many avenues from which you can choose your dream career. In fact, the term is so broad that the job profiles mentioned above aren’t the only ones you can follow. These are the most common ones, but there are several others with equally good pay.
Also, the salaries mentioned will increase with experience, some of which have the potential to exceed INR 100,000 per month as well. Thus, a piece of advice from us, at Raffles Design International Mumbai, positioned among the best institutes of digital media design in Mumbai, would be to keep learning and improving your skills, and your earning potential will keep on rising. Remember, Digital Media Design as a career is rewarding, enlightening, and enriching to the mind; what you need to keep growing is to remain determined and committed to learning and upskilling yourself.