It’s a universal fact that every product originates from an idea, and every idea originates from a necessity. One must also note that necessities are generally borne out of problems. The idea to solve this problem is later chiseled to form the final product that serves its purpose. Examples of revolutionary products that changed modern civilization include the steam engine, computer, telephone, etc.
Now, the secret to creating a “winning product” is to have a good product design. So, what is product design? Simply speaking, product design is the process of developing a new product. The process often includes conceptualizing, sketching, prototyping, and testing the product. The designers must keep concepts like ergonomics, usability, and aesthetics in mind when designing. The final result is a carefully designed product that meets user needs with an appropriate balance of cost and quality. This article from Raffles Design International Mumbai, recognized as the best product design institute in Mumbai, will get you up-to-date with the latest Product Design trends that are ruling in 2022 so that you can stay ahead of the curve at attaining success.
Successfully Predict a Bright Future: Get the Most Out of What’s Trending Now!
One of the best ways to be and stay successful is to look at what’s trending now and plan and execute things accordingly. What does the world care about? What are people talking about? What do people want? These are the questions you need to ask yourself. If you can figure out what’s going on in people’s heads, you can better predict what they want next. This is a surefire way to keep up with your competition.
So, the top five product design trends that are most prevalent these days are:
- Minimalism: Minimalism’s popularity has led to many designers and companies trying to create gorgeous minimalist products. It can be seen everywhere, from electronic goods to dresses. There are two reasons why this style is popular. The first is that it’s simple and clean, which appeals to people who want things that are easy to understand and use. The second reason is that it’s often elegant, which appeals to those who want their products or designs to look fancy or luxurious.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): AI is a reality these days where “intelligent machines” do tedious tasks and solve complex problems that would otherwise be difficult for humans to handle. AI-powered manufacturing machines are being designed daily for many purposes, and companies use these machines to reduce labor and cost and provide more output.
- 3D Printed Products: 3D printing is an additive manufacturing technology used to create three-dimensional solid objects from a digital file. 3D printing also allows for unique designs not possible with traditional manufacturing methods. The popularity of 3D printed products in product design is because it allows designers and companies to quickly produce prototypes, which can then be tested for form, fit, and function as quickly as possible without needing any added labor or other technologies.
- Nature-Friendly Products: Product designers are now starting to understand that the natural environment is a crucial element of the design process. They are taking a more holistic approach to product design by considering the environment and how their products can affect it. Plus, many consumers want to buy from companies that care about sustainability and the future of our planet. Because of this increased demand and a hefty price tag, many companies have adopted this “nature-friendly” aura.
- Custom Products: Companies offering custom products and services have popped up everywhere. This individualistic business module aims to provide its customers with products and services based on their individual needs. For example, many skincare companies ask their customers for skin details (such as type, allergies, etc.) and provide products accordingly.
Be Smart: Adopt A Product Design Trend That Suits You
Remember, selecting a trend just for the sake of it is a sure-shot way to failure. It’s better to err on the side of caution before adopting a business strategy. Thus, we, at Raffles Design International Mumbai, one of the best product design institutes in India, would like to advise all the designers out there to first of all focus on identifying and understanding your strengths and weaknesses, and only then do you commit to an option.
Also, know that running a business is like running a marathon rather than a short sprint – you’ll have to think long-term. However, we from Raffles Design International, Mumbai, are optimistic and must say that you must stay strong and learn from your mistakes. Let us assure you that as long as you remain positive, follow the right trends, and be innovative, you’ll have no problems creating your utopia!